Strategic control is the process to control the formation and execution of strategic plans. It involves tracking a strategy as it's being implemented, detecting issues in the strategy and making necessary adjustments.
Control Processes Determine:
- If your organization is moving in the right direction
- Are the assumptions about major trends and changes in your organization's environment correct.
- Such questions necessitate the establishment of strategic controls.
- Is your strategy out of control? Contact us today for a Free Strategic Review of your control processes.
Strategic Control Types
- Premise control: is designed to check systematically and continuously whether or not the premises set during the planning and implementation process are still valid
- Implementation control: is designed to help you determine whether the overall strategy is shaping up as planned. With milestone reviews, you monitor the progress of the strategy at various intervals or milestones.
- Strategic surveillance: It is designed to monitor a broad range of events inside and outside the company that threaten the course of firm's strategy
- Special alert control: is the need to thoroughly and often rapidly reconsider the firm's basic strategy based on a sudden unexpected event.
FREE, No Obligation Strategic Review & Quote
Call us @ (248) 477-7530
Strategic Planning quotes & recommendations