The Situation Analysis will analyze your organization's internal and external environment to understand your organization's capabilities, customers, and business environment.
The situation analysis is a structured planning method used to evaluate the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats or SWOT of your organization.
- Strengths: characteristics of your organization that give it an advantage over others.
- Weaknesses: characteristics that place your organization at a disadvantage relative to others
- Opportunities: elements that your organization could exploit to its advantage
- Threats: elements in the environment that could cause trouble for your organization
- SWOT starts with specifying the objectives of the organization and identifying internal and external factors that are favorable or unfavorable to achieving your objectives.
- This analysis looks at both current and future situations, where we analyze your current strengths and weaknesses while looking for future opportunities and threats.
- The goal is to build on your strengths as much as possible while reducing your weaknesses.
- A future threat can be a potential weakness while a future opportunity can be a potential strength.
- This analysis helps your organization come up with a plan that keeps it prepared for a number of potential scenarios.